Sunday 28 December 2014

Cold

Frozen (2013)

Directed by Chris Bruck and Jennifer Lee this film based on “The Snow Queen” stars the voice talent of Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell, Jonathan Groff and Josh Gad. A princess has magic ice powers she struggles to control and shuts herself away after accidentally harming her sister with them.

This film has been a massive smash hit but after watching I found myself struggling to understand why. To me the plot seemed fairly generic of the fairy tale genre with only a slight nod to something different at the end and does not stick that closely to it's source material. Most the animation and musical numbers are fairly decent but my heart was left cold so maybe it has something to do with me not being the target audience of this film.


3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment