Friday 5 December 2014

Christian rubbish

Black Nativity (2013)

Directed by Kasi Lemmons this film based on the musical play of the same name stars Jacob Latimore, Forest Whitaker, Angela Bassett, Tyrese Gibson and Jennifer Hudson. A single mother sends her teenage son to stay with the grandparents he has never met before.

Every opportunity is taken to ram home the Christian message here but the heavy handed preaching just show cases what I find so disturbing about religion at times. There is plenty of hypocrisy from supposedly Christian characters and all of the terrible behaviour is just forgiven at the end because Jesus. Before I watched this I was not aware it was a musical and I have to say I do not really think that the music added much, more just turned this into a 90 minute church visit.


2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment