Saturday 10 March 2018

Haunted by what could have been


Wonder Woman (2017)

Directed by Patty Jenkins this film based on the comic book character of the same name stars Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Robin Wright and Danny Huston. The youngest Amazon warrior leaves her magically isolated island to try to bring an end to WW1.

It is great to see a really big super hero film with a female lead and while this film is a lot of fun I can't help but find myself coming back to all the points the film falls short. Maybe it's harsh but I find myself disappointed that the script never got to grips with the underlying themes the character and setting propose, at times this film feels like so much of a missed opportunity. Gal Godot is excellent in the lead role and generally the film is well made but the action sequences are a little too influenced by Zak Snyder for my taste.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment