Sunday 27 December 2020

There are more thoughts to come

 

Tenet (2020)


Written & directed by Christopher Nolan this film stars John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debiciki and Kenneth Branagh. A spy gets drawn into a world of arms dealers and time travel.


As with any Nolan film this is an masterfully crafted puzzle piece. The plot twists around really engaging the intellectual part of your brain. There is a lot to explore in the fascinating world that the film creates with a plot that touches on a number of familiar Nolan subjects.


Where I found myself disappointed with the film was a lack of clear emotional arc for the protagonist such as you find in Inception or Interstellar. My other big disappointment was the lack of a Hans Zimmer score.


Definitely a good film but I think Nolan's coldest so far. I feel like a bad fan boy coming to the conclusion this is not going to be one of my favourite Nolan films. Still something you should see at least once if not twice.


4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment