Saturday 24 September 2011

Moms

The Kids Are All Right (2010)

This comedy-drama from director Lisa Cholodenko stars Annette Benning, Julianna Moore and Mark Ruffalo. The kids of a lesbian couple want to meet their sperm donor father.

There are a few surprising things about this film, mainly that it is funnier than I expected and it manages to not be at all preachy. What I like about this film is that the characters are real people with plenty of flaws, which is something Hollywood often sadly over looks. Having said that the film manages not to be preachy it does seem that what we end with is more of a character study than a story for a reason but this is still a decent film.

4/5

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with the character study comment. I watched the movie a few weeks ago and it felt a bit unresolved to me for some reason...

    ReplyDelete